Skip to main content

Trump cites school choice, China as second-term priorities


President Donald Trump said school choice and being tougher with China would be top priorities in his second term if he were reelected.

In an interview with Steve Hilton that aired Sunday night on Fox News’ “The Next Revolution,” Trump immediately volunteered “I‘d love to see school choice” when Hilton broached the subject of what he’d like to do in his second term. “Education is going to be a big factor for me,” Trump told Hilton.

“We are working with every educational group in the country,“ he said.

The president also said he intended to push harder against China for its trade policies — and even considered Hilton’s suggestion that he consider “decoupling” from the nation’s close economic links to China.

“There’s been no country that has ripped us off like China,” Trump said in the interview, which was taped Friday.

Even while taking repeated shots at Democratic nominee Joe Biden, Trump said he expected that the Republican National Convention, which starts Monday, would be more upbeat than the Democratic convention, which concluded Thursday.

“I think we’re going to see something that is going to be very uplifting and positive,” he said.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the life of John Lewis

Teachers Are Sharing The Most “Alarming” Trends They’re Seeing In Classrooms Today, And If You’re A Parent, It’s Time To Pay Attention

These 17 Genuinely Mind-Blowing Psychology Facts Are So Freakin' Weird, I'm Honestly Still Thinking About Them Months Later

People Are Spilling Their Family's Shadiest, Messiest, And Darkest Secrets, And You're Definitely Gonna Need To Sit Down For This One

35 Behaviors People Say They Often Notice In Those Who Grew Up With Neglectful Parents

These 17 Genuinely Mind-Blowing Psychology Facts Are So Freakin' Weird, I'm Honestly Still Thinking About Them Months Later

Justice Ginsburg reveals she suffered recurrence of cancer

These 17 Genuinely Mind-Blowing Psychology Facts Are So Freakin' Weird, I'm Honestly Still Thinking About Them Months Later

These 17 Genuinely Mind-Blowing Psychology Facts Are So Freakin' Weird, I'm Honestly Still Thinking About Them Months Later

Tell Us The Big Secret You're Keeping From Your Partner And Need To Get Off Your Chest, We're All Ears